Our days are warm and our nights are cool, and this can be a bit of a challenge for those of us who prefer to wear handmade clothes - especially if you are knitting or crocheting.
DK weight Dapple balances the spring and bounce of fine American Merino wool with the airy softness of Texas organic cotton, with a lofty 2-ply woolen-spun construction for that “favorite sweatshirt” feel in baby sweaters, lightweight shawls, and garments. Dapple’s unique dye process creates heathered tonal colorways that shift throughout each skein for one-of-a-kind projects every time.
3% of profits from Dapple help to support the National Black Farmers Association in perpetuity, to aid farmers who have historically been excluded from land ownership and to recognize the complex history of American cotton.
Brooklyn Tweed Dapple
- 165 yards | 50 grams | DK weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 60% 20.5 micron Merino wool from Utah & Nevada
- 40% organic cotton from Texas Organic Cotton Marketing Cooperative
- Wool scoured at Chargeurs Wool USA in South Carolina
- Cotton ginned at Woolam Gin in Texas
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills in Wisconsin
- Skein dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Pennsylvania
- Finished at Clemson Winding in Pennsylvania