West Broadway Distribution Services LLC
Squares, Stripes & Lice
One of the oldest textile factories in Norway, Salhus Tricotagefabrik (1859-1989) operated outside Bergen for over 130 years, producing thousands of sweaters and other durable everyday clothes such as wool and cotton underwear and woolen socks. The technical limitations of the knitting machines of the day gave rise to timeless geometric motifs with strikingly distinctive features―motifs which inspired some of Norway’s best-loved knit designers to come together and create this striking collection of all-new contemporary handknit garments, now translated into English for the first time.
- A detailed introduction to Salhus Tricotagefabrik
- Sweaters, jackets, skirts, home décor, and more, for children and adults
- The best of both worlds: bold, dynamic, fashionably retro designs, and flattering contemporary shaping and cut!
- Full-color photographs and step-by-step instructions, with patterns that include both complex finishing for veterans and simpler raglan shaping
- Featuring designs from Birger Berge, Kristin Wiola Ødegård, Siv Dyvik, Berit Løkken, and others